Quality AC repair and service is not a job for a handyman. Identifying the issues responsible for breakdown, repairing them properly and installing if necessary new OEM replacement parts are complicated matters that should be left only to an experienced expert. At Arnolds Air Conditioning, we have over 30 years of practical high-quality repair service experience on residential systems throughout South Florida. Our technicians are not only factory trained, but our team participates regularly in ongoing professional education to keep up with evolving HVAC technologies and trends.
Residential AC Issues May Include:
- DIRTY FILTER One of the most common reasons an AC system stops cooling or "freezes up" is because of a dirty air filter. Most filters last only about 30 days under the best of conditions. Here in South Florida, you may need to clean or change your filter even more often, especially during the summer when your unit runs longer between cycles.
- THERMOSTAT MALFUNCTION Your thermostat controls your HVAC system and a number of issues can cause it to malfunction. The most common, however, is an easy fix you can do yourself: Replace the batteries if your system is equipped with a battery operated thermostat and is showing an unusual screen readout.
- DIRTY CONDENSER COILS The AC condenser coils are located outside of your home in the air conditioner unit. Because of the location, they can become dirty, which affects efficiency, makes your unit run longer and drives up utility bills. Cleaning and bringing your system's condenser coils back to full efficiency is usually a job reserved for a professional.
- REFRIGERANT LEAK When refrigerant leaks out of your AC system, it reduces efficiency and causes indoor temperatures and humidity to rise. Issues of this nature require professional expertise to locate and repair the leak and replace the lost refrigerant.
- CLOGGED DRAIN LINE When a system drain line becomes clogged, it can create a moldy smell as the pan repeatedly fills up and evaporates. Overfilling the pan with water intended to drain outdoors can also trip a circuit with which many systems are equipped that shuts down unit.
- CONSTANTLY RUNNING This is one of the most common AC issues, and it can have multiple causes. You may have a problem with the thermostat, compressor, air filters, or electrical parts. Call a professional for diagnosis.
- AC WILL NOT RUN Sometimes this problem happens because a circuit breaker is tripped. Other reasons include faulty thermostat or loose wiring. This is likely a job for a professional to diagnose as well. Only an experienced AC technician should repair faulty electrical wiring.
AC installations or replacements can be a big-ticket purchase that you prefer to spread out over time with payments. Here at Arnolds Air Conditioning, we have partnered with Service Finance Company and Hearth to allow affordable budgets for our customers.
At Arnolds AC, we repair, maintain, sell and custom install all the top brands to the highest quality standards in the industry. Our family business has more than 30 years of highly trained, pro experience behind it, and our technicians receive ongoing training in order to provide our customers with the most cutting-edge services and products in HVAC. We are passionate about our craft and stand behind our work and brands. We have established a network of close working relationships over the last three decades with the top manufacturers that enable Arnold's to provide you with multiple options for financing and saving on new purchases. There are many AC companies throughout South Florida, but there is only one Arnolds Air Conditioning. We are the last AC contractor you will ever need.